Word Working with Templates
This course is designed for advanced Word users.
Our aim is to provide you with the necessary skills to customise and automate your tasks using Microsoft Word for Windows (referred to here as Word).
Word is a document generating tool, which makes tasks like producing memos, letters and reports, easy and efficient. In this course we cover features such as:
- Using Templates & Wizards to automatically layout and format documents such as newsletters, resumes, and reports.
- Creating, editing and using your own templates.
- Creating, editing and testing templates for other users.
- Using Field Codes to create placeholders for data that might change in a document, for example, dates, times, page numbers and variable text.
- Using Macros to record a series of often used keystrokes for tasks like printing the current page or changing to portrait or landscape paper.
- Modifying the quick access toolbar for your own use.
- Using the Organiser to copy or attach macros, and styles from other documents or templates.
- Automating Templates - use auto macros and field codes to create templates for standardised user-friendly forms and documents.
- Creating forms and protecting documents - setting up forms that contain check boxes, dropdown lists, and text boxes. Preventing documents from being modified using Restrict Editing.
It is important that you use your new skills as soon as possible on completion of this training course. We encourage you to take your own notes and to review this Course Guide once you are back at your workplace.
Anyone who wants to gain more confidence in working Word Templates. Learn how to use Field Codes to make placeholders in a document for text, dates, numbers or in Forms use fields that display as a check box, dropdown list, text box, then this is the course for you.
Due to the comprehensive nature of this course it is essential that students are familiar with the features covered in our Word Getting Started and Timesaving Features Word courses. In particular attendees must be confident using and creating tables, columns, styles and AutoText entries.
This course is aimed at advanced users of Microsoft Word, providing you with the necessary skills to work with field codes and macros, to automate templates for other users. We will create forms and learn how to protect them.
- Using Default Templates
- Creating and Modifying Templates
- Adding AutoText Entries
- Using Templates and Add-Ins
- Using Field Codes
- Document Automation Field Codes
- Using the Organizer
- Recording Macros
- Using Automatic Macros
- Assigning Macros to Buttons
- Creating Forms
- Protecting Documents