Word Timesaving Features
This course is designed for current users of Microsoft Office Word for Windows who have already mastered the basics covered in our Word Essential Skills course.
Our aim is to provide you with the necessary skills to produce documents using Microsoft Office Word for Windows (referred to here as Word). We will also introduce many time-saving features using quick keys and short cuts.
Word is a document generating tool, which makes tasks like producing memos, letters and reports, easy and efficient. In this course we cover time saving features such as:
- Navigating quickly around a document using the Browse features.
- Using AutoText, AutoComplete and AutoFormat to save time with automatic recall of text or graphics, automatic completion of text and automatic insertion of formatting.
- Reordering lists into numeric or alphabetical order by sorting text.
- Using Tables and Columns to effectively layout documents.
- Working with Styles to apply automatic formats that are used often.
It is important that you use your new skills as soon as possible on completion of this training course. We encourage you to take your own notes, and to review this Course Guide once you are back at your workplace.
This course in conjunction with Word Essential Skills, Word Long Documents and Word Graphs & Graphics covers the material examined in the MOS Word Core exam.
Great if you’ve got the Word Essentials covered but want to up your game. You want to get consistent formatting quickly with Styles or want to familiarise yourself with a range of Word timesaving features such Autotext, Tables, Headers and Footer then this is the course for you.
We recommend that students have:
- A good working knowledge of the personal computer keyboard, the basic concepts of the Windows environment, are familiar with using a mouse and have an understanding of Windows terminology.
- Completed the Word Essential Skills course.
- Revising the Essential Features
- Bullets and Numbering
- Creating and using Styles
- Using Different Views
- Navigating using Go To
- Saving Time with Quick Parts
- Sorting Text
- Creating and Editing Tables
- Creating Sections
- Creating Headers and Footers
- Numbering Pages Automatically
- Formatting Text with Themes