MB-240: Dynamics 365 for Field Service
Dynamics 365 for Field Service helps organizations better position themselves in the market by providing a variety of tools that assist in identifying and scheduling resources and managing workloads for mobile workers.
This course will equip students with the skills necessary to identify and configure the key components that are used to deliver Field Service and mobile solutions. Key topics include identifying the organizational considerations that will drive configuration decisions and common configuration aspects.
This course helps students better understand the bigger picture and end goals focused around implementations that aid in designing more efficient solutions that align with customer and organizational goals
This course is designed for IT professionals with experience or interest in delivering Field Service solutions for large-scale customers.
Students should have a basic understanding of Dynamics 365 features, functionality, and navigation.
After completing this course, you will be able to:
- Identify the key components involved in Field Service Implementations.
- Define the products and services that will be delivered to customers.
- Determine which pricing options to use in specific scenarios.
- Determine which resources are required.
- Configure the system to support resource needs.
- Define commonly reported issues and template them for easier consumption.
- Identify the core components used to schedule items.
- Configure the application to best leverage the scheduling features.
- Leverage scheduling features to locate and schedule resources for work.
- Tailor the application to best represent organizational needs.
- Develop solutions that can be used to schedule single or multiple resources.
- Identify the extension options available as part of Universal Resource Scheduling.
Module 1: Configure Field Service
- Introduction to field service
- Defining products and services
- Defining tax codes
Module 2: Resource scheduling configuration
- Mapping and location information
- Configuring resource components
- Defining account preferences
Module 3: Defining and configuring bookable resources
- Defining bookable resources
- Resource pools, crews and facilities
Module 4: Working with and configuring incidents
- Creating incidents
- Using service tasks
- Defining products, services and skills
Module 5: Field Service Work Orders
- Configure field service work orders
- Creating work orders
- Managing work orders
Module 6: Field Service Agreements
- Using field service agreements
- Set up bookings
- Set up invoices
Module 7: Inventory and Purchasing
- Manage customer assets
- Manage inventory
- Purchasing and returns
Module 8: Field Service Mobile
- Field Service Mobile Application overview
- Install and deploy Field Service Mobile Projects
- Manage Mobile Projects
- Deploy the Mobile client
Module 9: Universal Resource Scheduling
- URS overview and configuration
- Enabling entities for URS
- Entity customization and automation considerations
Module 10: Managing scheduling options
- Using the Schedule Board
- Scheduling items
- Rescheduling and substituting resources
- Crew and resource pool scheduling
Module 11: Customizing the Schedule Board
- Configure the schedule board
- Create additional schedule boards
- Leverage Dynamics 365 views with the schedule board
- Configure schedule board queries and filters
- Working with requirement groups
Module 12: Resource Scheduling Optimization
- Resource Scheduling Optimization overview
- Defining optimization goals
- Defining optimization scopes
- Defining optimization profiles