Excel Timesaving Features
This course is designed for current users of Microsoft Office Excel who have already mastered the fundamentals covered in our Excel: Essential Skills course.
Our aim is to provide you with the necessary skills to produce well-designed spreadsheets. We will introduce many timesaving features using quick keys and short cuts.
In this course we cover features such as:
- Reducing the amount of typing by grouping worksheets together.
- Using formula that evaluate a condition and perform the appropriate calculation.
- Naming cells to minimize errors in formulae and to remove the need to redo these formulae when you add or remove rows or columns of data.
- Creating customised number and date formats.
- Database utilities to quickly generate sub totals, filter lists, and create reports for subtotalling categories from a list.
- File and data protection to avoid accidental corruption.
It is important that you use your new skills as soon as possible on completion of this training course. We encourage you to take your own notes, and to review this Course Guide once you are back at your workplace.
This course in conjunction with Excel Essential Skills covers the material examined in the MOS Excel Core Examination.
ALL Excel users. Anyone who uses Excel regularly will benefit from these Excel hacks that can save countless hours of unnecessary time and effort. Be prepared for many ‘light bulb’ and ‘aha’ moments in this course which will revolutionise the way you work in Excel.
Have a thorough understanding of the different shapes of the mouse pointer in Excel.
Have a thorough understanding of formulae including AutoSum, absolutes references, and creating percentages for categories, all of which are covered in our Excel Essential Skills course.
Are able to AutoFill and use the mouse to drag and drop, copy and move.
This course concentrates on introducing attendees to some of the more productive tools and time saving features of the program. It focuses on how to build accurate spreadsheets that survive changes without errors.
- Arranging Windows
- Splitting Panes
- Hiding Workbooks
- Best Use of Multiple Worksheets
- Linking Spreadsheets
- Naming Cells
- Conditional Functions
- Information Functions
- Financial Functions
- Conditional Formatting
- Creating Customised Formats
- Validating Data in a Worksheet
- Protecting Workbooks and Worksheets
- Creating Templates
- Subtotalling Data
- Filtering Data
- Formula Auditing
- Creating Hyperlinks