AZ-220: Microsoft Azure IoT Developer - Blended Learning
This course provides students with the skills and knowledge required to successfully create and maintain the cloud and edge portions of an Azure IoT solution. The course includes full coverage of the core Azure IoT services such as IoT Hub, Device Provisioning Services, Azure Stream Analytics, Time Series Insights, and more.
In addition to the focus on Azure PaaS services, the course includes sections on IoT Edge, device management, monitoring and troubleshooting, security concerns, and Azure IoT Central
An Azure IoT Developer is responsible for implementing and then maintaining the cloud and edge portions of an Azure IoT solution. In addition to configuring and maintaining devices by using Azure IoT services and other Microsoft tools, the IoT Developer also sets up the physical devices and is responsible for maintaining the devices throughout the life cycle.
The IoT Developer implements designs for IoT solutions, including device topology, connectivity, debugging and security. For Edge device scenarios, the IoT Developer also deploys compute/containers and configures device networking, which could include various edge gateway implementations. The IoT Developer implements designs for solutions to manage data pipelines, including monitoring and data transformation as it relates to IoT. The IoT Developer works with data engineers and other stakeholders to ensure successful business integration.
IoT Developers should have a good understanding of Azure services, including data storage options, data analysis, data processing, and the Azure IoT PaaS versus SaaS options. IoT Developers should have basic programming skills in at least one Azure-supported language, including C#, Node.js, C, Python, or Java.
- Software Development Experience: Software development experience is a prerequisite for this course, but no specific software language is required, and the experience does not need to be at a professional level.
- Data Processing Experience: General understanding of data storage and data processing is a recommended but not required.
- Cloud Solution Awareness: Students should have a basic understanding of PaaS, SaaS, and IaaS implementations. Microsoft Azure Fundamentals (AZ-900), or equivalent skills, is recommended
- Introduction to Azure IoT
- Securely connect IoT devices to the cloud
- Build the intelligent edge with Azure IoT Edge
- Develop IoT solutions with Azure IoT Central
Live Virtual Coaching
- 1.5 days live virtual coaching with exam prep - please select a scheduled date that suits.
- Exam voucher valid for Online Proctoring or via a New Zealand Pearson Vue test centre.