MD-101: Managing Modern Desktops
As desktops have evolved, so have methods for deploying and updating them. In this course. You will learn how to plan and implement an operating system deployment strategy. This course will help you understand the various methods available, the scenarios they're suited for, as well as how to deploy Windows using modern methods.
During this course, you’ll be introduced to key components of modern management and co-management strategies.You’ll examine what it takes to incorporate Microsoft Intune into your organization and how to use it to manage modern desktops and devices
This course also covers authentication, identities, and access, as well as about how to protect these categories. The student will be introduced to Azure Active Directory and learn how to use Microsoft Intune to protect devices and data with compliance policies
The Modern Desktop Administrator deploys, configures, secures, manages, and monitors devices and client applications in an enterprise environment. Responsibilities include managing identity, access, policies, updates, and apps. The MDA collaborates with the M365 Enterprise Administrator to design and implement a device strategy that meets the business needs of a modern organization
Students must be familiar with M365 workloads and must have strong skills and experience of deploying, configuring, and maintaining Windows 10 and non-Windows devices. The MDA role focuses on cloud services rather than on-premises management technologies.
After completing this course, learners should be able to:
- Develop an Operating System deployment and upgrade strategy
- Understand the different methods of deployment.
- Understand which scenarios on-premise and cloud-based solutions can be used for.
- Deploy and migrate desktops to Windows 10.
- Plan and configure Windows Update policies.
- Understand the benefits and methods of co-management strategies.
- Configuring Intune
- Enroll devices in Intune and configure device policies
- Manage user profiles and folder redirection
- Plan a mobile application management strategy
- Manage and deploy apps, including Office 365 ProPlus and Internet
- Explorer settings
- Describe the benefits and capabilities of Azure AD.
- Manage users using Azure AD with Active Directory DS.
- Implement Windows Hello for Business.
- Configure conditional access rules based on compliance policies.
- Describe the various tools used to secure devices and data.
- Implement Windows Defender Advanced Threat Protection.
Day 1 & 2:
Module 1: Planning an Operating System Deployment Strategy
Module 2: Implementing Windows 10
Module 3: Managing Updates for Windows 10
Day 3 & 4:
Module 1: Device Enrollment
Module 2: Configuring Profiles
Module 3: Application Management
Module 4: Course Conclusion
Module 1: Managing Authentication in Azure AD
Module 2: Managing Devices and Device Policies
Module 3: Managing Security
Module 4: Course Conclusion