Project Task ManagementLength:
$750 + GST Version:
= Scheduled class
= Guaranteed to run
= Fully booked
Click on the dates to book online
Can't find a class in your area? Contact our sales team and request a class date.
Not sure about the version of your software? Click here to find out.
Want to know if this course is right for you? Assess your skills level with our online Skills Assessment tool.
Attendees should have a working knowledge of Excel, as covered in our Excel Essential Skills Course, and should have at the very least run through the quick preview in Project help.
At Course Completion
Project Managers, Business Managers or anyone responsible for the scheduling of time and resources to meet a planned goal. This hands-on training course gives participants a working knowledge of Project for Windows. It will cover the important facilities available to enable immediate use of the software for project planning and scheduling of tasks and resources for a single Project.
Subject to change
Introduction to Project for Windows
- Basic Project Concepts
- Explore the New Interface and Backstage
- How Project holds your Data
- Keyboard and Mouse Essentials
Setting up a Project
- Deciding how to schedule a project i.e. manually or automatically
- Entering Tasks
- Set the working time for a project using the calendar
- Structuring the Project by organising tasks with summary and detail levels
- Customise a Gantt Chart for easy analysis and for communication
- Linking Tasks together as a model of work flow
Analysing the Project
- Monitoring Task Costs for comparison of budget to actual costs
- Updating and Tracking Progress
- Consolidating Multiple Projects into a single view for analysis, updating and/or reporting
- Linking between Projects where a project is dependant on another project
- Set up Resources
- Assign a Key Resource to each task
- Printing Views, Tables and Reports
- Communicating using Web page, Picture image and Hyperlinks
- Creating Visual Reports
Print this page