OneNote Essential SkillsLength:
$225 + GST Version:
= Scheduled class
= Guaranteed to run
= Fully booked
Click on the dates to book online
Can't find a class in your area? Contact our sales team and request a class date.
Not sure about the version of your software? Click here to find out.
Want to know if this course is right for you? Assess your skills level with our online Skills Assessment tool.
About this Course
- Microsoft OneNote is a digital notebook which makes capturing, storing, and sharing information easy. Effective, efficient and productive collaboration is made possible through OneNote_s:
- powerful search capabilities which makes finding information simple, even in graphics
- ability to integrate with the Microsoft Office suite lets you, take notes wherever whenever, embed Excel files and import meeting information from Outlook
- collaboration capability, multiple users to work in the same Notebook at the same, with near instant updates
- full integration with the cloud lets you to search your notes wherever you go using almost any mobile device
- 2013 interface has a fresh clean look which allows you to focus on what you need to achieve.
OneNote delivers the flexibility to gather and organize text, pictures, digital handwriting, audio and video recordings, and more all in one digital notebook. Become more productive by keeping the information you need at your fingertips.
This course is designed for anyone who is looking to incorporate digital note-taking and note collaboration into their work and or home environment.
It is essential attendees are familiar with:
- the Windows environment, as covered in our Windows Getting Started course
- file handling, as covered in our Windows Managing Files course
It is beneficial if attendees have a basic working knowledge of Microsoft Office 2013.
At Course Completion
Attendees will be able to:
- Navigate the OneNote interface
- Create notebooks
- Create notes to capture ideas and information
- Organise information
- Search OneNote
- Integrate with other Microsoft Office applications
- Share information and collaborate with others
Lesson 1: Getting started with OneNote
In this section you will become familiar with the OneNote environment. Learn what OneNote is and some of the terminology.
- Navigating the OneNote interface
- Creating, opening and closing notebooks
- Setting Notebook properties.
Lesson 2: Creating and organising notes
This section we look at how to create manage and organise notes. OneNote_s templates, pages, subpages and sections make working with notes easy.
- Create pages, notes, subpages and sections
- Modify pages and sections
- Organise pages and sections
- Use page templates
- Recover deleted pages
- Save pages in different formats.
Lesson 3 Working with objects in OneNote
In this section we will use OneNote_s picture and drawing tools to add graphics to notes pages.
- Insert pictures and screen clippings
- Insert shapes and work with drawing tools
Lesson 4 Managing, connecting and searching notes
This section looks at ways to efficiently and effectively search for and locate information, by using OneNote_s search, tag and link features.
- Create and modify tags
- Apply and remove tags
- Locate and navigate to tags using a tag summary page
- Use OneNote_s search tool to find and navigate to content
- Create links to pages, sections and notebooks
- Create links to the web and other applications.
Lesson 5 Integrating OneNote with other applications
- In this section we use OneNote to increase efficiency through integrating with other Office applications.
- Attach files and insert file print outs
- Insert Excel sheets and charts
- Send OneNote content in a variety of ways e.g. via email, as pdf
- Share information between OneNote and Outlook e.g. meetings and contacts
- Print from another application to OneNote.
Print this page